Friday, August 21, 2009

37 Weeks and waiting.....

Many of you know already, but I had a little mini hospitalization on Wed am this week. I was feeling really crummy at work (yes, convenient since I work in post partum/well baby nursery/NICU, and LDR is just a floor away!). So, I tried eating a snack, drank water and put my feet up and then took my blood pressure. My BP was elevated and after trying to see if things were going to "settle out", I was encouraged by my co-workers (ie forced) to page the dr on call. They ended up sending me to LDR for monitoring and IV fluids and labs and let me rest. I finally started feeling better towards morning, so they had me order breakfast and see how I felt then. I went home about 11am with orders for modified bedrest until Friday (today).

So, I actually did follow orders. Grandma J watched Emmy and got dinner together for us 2 nights in a row (thank you Grandma J). I had my follow up appt today and did get released from bedrest but need to "take it easy" over the weekend and I will see them back in the office on Monday. I was supposed to work this weekend, but clearly that is off for now.

I feel pretty good but keep having periods where I feel really dizzy and lightheaded and have had some really bad headaches with visual changes too. More or less, they are just watching me for pre-eclampsia, which can set in any time during pregnancy (I'm not going into crazy medical definitions here, but basically, any time after 20 weeks post conception, and there are other qualifiers but not going to bore anyone....) and can be even more common after 37 weeks.

I will be 38 weeks on Tuesday, so any time this little man wants to be born from here on out is just fine with us! We are almost done with his sweet little room. I can't wait to finish it and show it off. I think it has really turned out nice. We are pretty proud of ourselves for designing his room on a bit of a budget (and it not looking like we designed on a budget). I am hoping that I feel good enough over the weekend to finish things up! I just love putting baby things away and organized. I think I did this with Emmy's room like 10 times before she was born.....I had a lot of time on my hands since she was born at almost 41 weeks!

We have no plans for the weekend. The Bears and Cubs on Saturday evening so we are excited! We are also counting down to Hawkeye Football too-2 more weeks! What could be better, a new baby boy AND Hawkeye football?! Emmy has a new Hawkeye Cheerleading outfit to sport for the season too, plus some cute new shirts compliments of her "Auntie Amanda". She also picked out some cute things for little man too that I can't wait for him to wear.

Have a good weekend!
love
The Klitzkes

No comments: