Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Daddy's on his way home! Yay!

Whew! We have had our moments but we have survived just fine the past few days without Daddy! We miss him like crazy but it's amazing how each day gets a little easier. Emmy really is such a good girl though so that makes it much easier on me! We had friends over for a playdate yesteday which was a blast! For some reason I keep forgetting to get out the camera at our own playdates. It's been a good week overall but can't wait to see DADDY!

I have been experiementing with chlorine free diapers (better for baby, better for the environment too). I wish I could talk myself into cloth diapers but I'm sorry, I think it's nasty to have to wash diapers (I know I know, what did we do before disposables...whatever). Anyway, I had really good luck with 7th Generation. I bought a pack of those and then a pack of Earth's Best. I can't say I like the EB ones as well. They are very stiff (which I really don't care that much about) but they don't fit as well AND they leak if too full. Emmy woke up with very wet jammies and I felt really had for her this am! No wonder she was crying for me! Who wants wet jammies! So, I am going to try one more brand and then decide which ones I like best between those and the 7th Generation diapers. They have a subscription service you can do on amazon.com and it really makes it a great deal. I think that is what we will be doing once I decide on which diaper I like best. Emmy's bottom looks better already. She would always have just a little rash and I think it was the diapers! Don't ask why it took me this long to try something different in the diaper department.

We have a few more busy days this week. We have a playdate tomorrow am and then a dr's appt for me in the afternoon and then kindermusik! Whew, Thursday will be busy. On Friday, Daddy gets the day off for working so hard at his conference! He made a really funny " The Office" parody video for the conference and then did a bunch of video work while he was there too. He was very busy-we barely talked to him all week! I think he will be glad to come home so he can rest after all his hard work! We have Emmy's 1yr check up on Friday am and then some things to do in the afternoon. I think we are going to hang out with the S-mans on Friday night. Saturday night we have Kate's bday party-the big 3-0! Guess we will be busy little Klitzke bees!

Have a good rest of the week. We will post Emmy's new stats after the appt on Friday!
love
Erika and Emmy

No comments: