Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009!

Happy New Year from the Klitzkes! We hope you all had as rockin' of a night as we did! We went to lots of parties, drank lots of champagne and came home really late....HA!!!! Actually, we ate dinner, gave Emmy a bath and put her to bed together and watched Dick Clark/Kelly Pickler/ Taylor Swift and Ryan Seacrest. Then, I headed off to work and I dared Matt to stay up until midnight! He texted me a midnight just to prove he was still awake. We brought in yummy food to work and drank sparkling grape juice and toasted each other at midnight. Whohooo!!!

Today was spent playing with new toys (Emmy), Daddy putting together toys, laying on the couch watching lots of bowl games (Yeah for the Hawkeyes!!!!!!). Emmy is in bed now and we're just watching some football. Our highlight of the day was making a yummy mexican dinner from my new Paula Dean cookbook I received for Christmas. I am trying to convince myself to make the banana pudding I promised Matt (we are missing it not living in the south and PD has a recipe that looks great...and I have a lot of bananas to use up)

No big plans for tomorrow. Hopefully I will be productive and get some things done though! We still need to pack away the Christmas things. Boo! I think I keep forgetting that Matt is off until Monday though so we do have a little more time. I think I asked him what day it was two or three times today (hey, I only slept 4 hours after working all night).

We want to wish you the best for 2009. We are excited for all of the exciting things that will be happening in the coming year! We are so thankful for a wonderful 2008 and the arrival of our best gift ever, Emily Ruth. I know I say it a lot, but we are truly blessed. We hope for so many things in 2009.

Have a wonderful evening. Maybe we will actually get the camera software downloaded and you can see our fun Christmas!

love
Erika, Matt and Emmy

1 comment:

Baby Grover said...

Happy New Year! I'm loving the new blog.