Monday, December 15, 2008

Helllloooo new blog!!

Attempts at Christmas pictures......






One of our very first pictures of Emily in the operating room (and is still one of my favorites!)


Welcome to our new blog. If you are new to our lives, here is a quick synopsis of how it all began.......
Matt and I were married in July 2003 in my hometown in the church where I was raised. We lived in Iowa City until the spring of 2004 when we moved to Nashville, TN. We lived in TN for 3 1/2 yrs. During this time Matt worked in TV news, a brief stint at the Melting Pot and then for a school district. I worked at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital in the PCCU and also went to grad school to become a pediatric nurse practitioner. We decided to try to start a family in 2007 and became pregnant with Emily in May 2007. At this same time, I was finishing grad school and we decided it was time to move back to the midwest. So, in August 2007, (within a week's time) I graduated from grad school and we packed up (with much help from my parents and sister) and moved back to the midwest. Wow were we crazy. Within another few weeks, Matt started a new job and we unpacked the house and started to prepare for the birth of Emily, who was to arrive in February 2008. During the fall, I worked part time as an RN at a local hospital and studied for my PNP certification exam. I passed my PNP exam in November 2007 and continued to work as an RN until Emily's arrival. Emily arrived on February 11, 2008 (her Uncle BJ's 25th birthday) via C-Section (yes, planned). She weighed 9 pounds, 15 ounces and was 22 inches long-whew! So, here we are, 10 months later. Emily is the love of our lives. She is a happy beautiful girl who loves everyone! She loves to play, read,chat, shop and go for walks (just like her mama!)
Hope you like our new blog. We were out growing our baby blog and I thought this would be a great time to transition to a "real blog". Hopefully with this blog I will be able to post more pictures and maybe some videos too (I just need to learn how to use this thing...I am open to tips and suggestions from you seasoned veteran bloggers!).
We wish everyone a wonderful holiday season as we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ!

1 comment:

lawyerdad said...

Erika, Matt and Emmy...great blog...yes, I do know what one is! Have a blessed Christmas season. See you soon.

Love,

Grandpa E