Thursday, March 12, 2009

We're home!

We arrived home from our journey on Tuesday afternoon. We had a great time being with Kristen, BJ, Drew and my parents over the past week. We got to see Great Grandpa a few times too! On Monday, we drove to Iowa City to see Amanda and Aiden (good friend from college and her little man). We had a great time just hanging out. The babies got to play and then Amanda and I had some good girl time when the babies went to bed. Her husband is traveling for work in France so it was just us this time! We ordered pizza and watched Dancing with the Stars (my 1st time....possibly my last.....) and Jon and Kate.

On Tuesday we got up, had breakfast and then left for Grayslake. Emmy did pretty well in the car again. We stopped in Rock Falls at Culver's (our usual stop). If you know anything about Emmy and Culver's in RF you would be happy to know she redeemed herself this time. Everytime we have stopped there in the past it seems she has had an explosive diaper requiring a costume change. Not this time though! We ate together and she charmed everyone in the restraunt. Then we hit the road and made it back home about 3pm. It was a great trip and one I would totally do again (even alone with her).

Matt got home from work and was so excited to see us (and we were so excited to see him too!!!!!). It had been way too long! After many hugs and kisses for all of us, Emmy had dinner and then Emmy was ready for bed! We ordered pizza and watched some of our favorite shows we had to catch up on.

Yesterday we went to lunch with our playgroup and then back to Ashley and Abby's to play! We had a great time (as always!). We really missed our friends. I have really gotten to know these girls (and their babies) well and they have become such a great part of our lives! Yay!

No big plans for this weekend. Probably just some good playing and maybe going out in the wagon if it ever gets nice again!

love
Erika
PS If you haven't caught on from previus posts, yes, I am PREGGO again!!! We are so excited! I am currently 14 weeks and counting. I am due Sept 8 but we are planning a c-section for the week prior to my due date (due to previous c-section...no VBAC for me!)

3 comments:

Baby Grover said...

Congrats! I'm really happy for you guys and Emily gets to be a big sis! I can't believe you just posted that as an "oh, btw" at the end of another post. No fanfare at all :) Congrats!!!

Whitney Smith said...

Pregnant Again??? I'm a lil jealous!!! :)

Congratulations, how exciting! Are you going to find out the sex?

Claire said...

Exciting times! Congratulations!

Cxx