Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy 15 months sweet baby girl!

At GG and Papa's for Easter and Drew's Baptism!
Our little Oompa Loompa eating spahgetti-yum!

Waiting for Daddy to get home from work and "not" walking in the yard. I was actually trying to "trick" her into walking because I know she doesn't like grass! Ha!


Well, I fully admit it, I've been a bad blogger. In my defense, however, we have been super-duper busy the past month AND, the last blog I tried to publish would not publish and the pics wouldn't upload. Now you tell me, blank blog without pics, or wait until I can actually do a better job??? Ha!






Emmy turned 15 months on Monday, May 11! We cannot believe she is on her way to being a 1 1/2 yr old (I don't know, I feel like this is a turning point for some reason.....)! She is talking up a storm. I think her favorites at the moment are "up", "shoes" (and is obsessed with shoes..,mainly mine) and the naming of other body parts. She knows eyes, ears, nose, teeth (the fav), feet and head. Sometimes she can say the words but she can always point to these parts. She pretends she can't walk but we all know she can. Silly girl! She stands and cruises all the time and then when she thinks no one is watching, will walk like 8 steps. Duh! I think she has just decided that crawling or hopping on her knees is so much fun, why walk?!






We had a fun end to our week last week. Thursday was my birthday...last yr in my 20's :) We hosted a playdate/lunch at our house, went to kindermusik and then surprised Daddy at his softball game. Then, we came home, put Emmy to bed and then ate yummy yummy sushi (yes, cooked). On Friday, we went out to lunch with friends and then did a little shopping in Deer Park. On Friday night, Grandma J watched Emmy so Daddy and I could have dinner at Wildfire-yum! We topped off our birthday celebration dinner with ice cream from Maggie Moo's-double yum!






On Saturday, Papa Mike and Gran Diane came from Madison (actually, they had been in Chicago for a few days so that is technically where they came from....) to visit. We had a nice time together and then they got to spend the day/evening with Emmy while Daddy and I went to a friend's wedding in Evanston. We had a wondeful time seeing many friends from college but I think we talked about Emmy and #2 90% of the time!






On Mother's Day, we got up and had breakfast at home with Papa Mike and Gran Diane. After Emmy's nap, we went to brunch with Grandma J at Flatlanders-delicious! Emmy was not super cooperative but we still had fun. After brunch, we went back to Grandma J's for ice cream and brownies to celebrate my birthday with Seth, Kate, Cousin Connor and Auntie Joanie. It was so much fun to let the kids "play" and all be together! It seems like it's been a long time!






After our yum-city dessert, we came home and all took much needed naps. Wow. We really needed naps. After our naps, Daddy and Emmy took me on a picnic. We picked up KFC (no KGC in this house) and headed to the park. It was pretty cool out though so it was an eat and run kind of picnic. We will do a "make up" picnic so we can actually go hike/walk and eat dinner at some point (which was what we were originally planning).






It's been sucha fun month at the Klitzke house! We are starting to count the weeks until #2's arrival. I think we have a short 16 weeks left until we meet our precious little (or big) man! We are planning on going to look at fabrics when GiGi is in town in a few weeks so we can get started on the nursery. I have my eye on a double stroller....I am hoping I can make some nice profits at our garage sale in June so I can get my stroller :) Too bad the kids' rooms probably need new carpet and blinds first.....oh well, I can dream, right?!






Stay tuned for more posts...promise I won't be a stranger, you can't either :)



love,



Erika and the crew

No comments: